If you need a more accessible version of this website, click this button on the right.
Switch to Accessible Site
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
parmesan crusted chicken with arugula salad
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk 2 teaspoons of the mustard with 2 teaspoons of the olive oil and the thyme.
- Season the chicken breasts, on both sides, with salt and pepper - then brush them all over with the mustard mixture.
- Pat about 2 T. of the parmesan on EACH chicken breast (both sides) - it should take about 1/2 Cup total for all 4 breasts.
- Transfer the chicken breasts to a rimmed baking sheet (I line mine with alum. foil sprayed with just a touch of Pam - for easy release and clean-up).
- Bake the chicken on the top shelf of the oven for about 15 minutes, or until just cooked through and nicely browned.
- Meanwhile, in a salad bowl, combine the remaining 1 teaspoon each of mustard and oil; then stir in the water.
- Add the arugula (or spring mix lettuce) and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and toss well.
- Spoon the salad onto plates, top with the chicken and serve!